In response to Catherine’s comment:
One easy way to use the NPR API Query Generator is to:
Build the Query for NPR Stories
1. Check Fields> Output Format > HTML Widget (this will allow you to see the results).
2. Under the tab: Control, try some Search Terms, Dates, Number of Results, and any other tabs, Topics, Series, Fields, etc, to get the content you want to display.
3. Click the button: Create API Call button (the query url will appear in the Generated API Call box.
4. Now click the button: Run API Call. The results will show in the Output box, as they would on a webpage (if you have HTML Widget) checked.
5. Alter the Control> Search Terms, Dates, etc., and repeat the Create API Call and Run API Call, until you get the results you want displaying in the Output.
Get the API Call (Query URL) for NPR Stories
7. Click the button: Create API button.
8. Copy the query URL from that appears in the API Call box.
Insert the NPR Stories Into Your Web Page/Post
10. Paste the above js code, with your query URL into your web-page or blog-post.